The following safety equipment is mandatory
- PFD (Personal Floating Device) with a minimum buoyancy of 50N - must be worn
- Appropriate paddling clothing - the water temperature will be approximately 14° C.
- Leg leash - must be worn and fastened to the surfski.
- Charged Smart phone in a waterproof case - must be functioning, attached to the PFD, have the 2 safety telephone numbers coded and the Navicup Webtracking app funtioning.
- Smoke flare attached to the PFD
In case of any failure in relation to the mandatory safety demands the participant will be disqualified.
A rescue boat will follow the race and rescue jetskis are ready along the coast. In need of aid you can call on the main rescue safety telephone number (if occupied the reserve safety number). Assisted participants will be brought directly to the nearest safety station or harbour. As far as possible with the ski. The race organiser and rescue teams do not take any responsibility for damage done to persons or equipment.
Participants under 18 have to be authorised by their parents.
At the info meeting before the race, more safety requirements can be demanded.